Sophomore/Junior House Retreats*
Sophomores and Juniors will attend a retreat with fellow members of their respective House. These retreats serve to develop House identity by focusing on each House's patron saint, virtues, and motto. Each retreat will include adoration, confession, and Mass. It takes place during the hours of the school day.
- Tekakwitha - Thursday, November 4, 2021
- De Porres - Thursday, December 2, 2021
- Joseph - Thursday, January 27, 2022 - Details and permission form (due by Tuesday, Jan 25)
- Frassati - Thursday, February 24, 2022 - Details and permission form (due by Tuesday, Feb 22)
Kairos Retreat (open to Juniors and Seniors)
Find Yourself, Find Him
Juniors and seniors may attend Kairos, a three-night retreat that draws students into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. The word Kairos means, “the Lord's time,” and participants hear a series of talks, participate in discussions and activities, and celebrate the Eucharist together. Participants should be open to going deeper into a life of discipleship and be interested in examining their life in light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Typically, several staff members and seniors who participated as juniors lead our Kairos retreat. However, due to the cancellation of last year's Kairos Retreat, staff and LCHS alumni will lead our 33rd Kairos Retreat. We have room for as many juniors and seniors who would like to attend. Kairos will run from the evening of Thursday, March 17 through the afternoon of Sunday, March 20.
- Click here to register for Kairos (due by Friday, February 25)
Freshmen Day Retreat*
God is Alive, God is Love
Freshmen will attend a day retreat as a class on Thursday, October 14, 2021. The theme will be Encountering Christ and will feature talks and testimonies from LCHS students and staff as well as small groups led by upperclassmen leaders. The retreat will include adoration, confession, and Mass. It takes place during the hours of the school day.
Watch a recap below:
Flint Service Retreat (open to all grade levels)
See What He Sees
This new retreat is focused on helping us see what God sees in our neighbor: his sons daughters; our brothers and sisters. We'll stay at the Center for Hope's warming center, where some of the homeless of Flint stay overnight during the winter months (not while we're there). We'll also help prepare and serve multiple meals, in addition to some other work for local agencies. Students will receive 10 hrs of service for participation.
The retreat will also include a talk from a graduate of Catholic Charities' reintigration program, focused on helping those who were incarcerated get there footing. We'll have Mass together on Saturday and Sunday, times of prayer, and small groups.
Senior 2-Day Retreat*
Seniors will attend a conference-style retreat (details below) which includes guys and girls sessions with dynamic presenters as well as breakout sessions that students can pick from. The retreat will include adoration, confession, and Mass.
*Required for graduation.
Discipleship & Leadership
Thursday Morning Discipleship Groups
- Every Thursday morning during the school year.
- 7:15 am Mass followed by Discipleship Groups from 8:00-9:00 am.
- 9th-10th graders gather in the Library - Join our Google Classroom and get connected (code: 5lfvbzo)
- 11th-12th graders gather in room 112 - Join our Google Classroom and get connected (code: yzguf7w)
L2 Leadership Group
- Every Monday after school (except the first Monday of the month).
- Open to all students. Please apply here to join.
Guardians of the Altar
- Details to come.
Students for Life
- Details to come.